The JIGSAW curriculum for Sunday Schools is an exciting new resource that aims to support leaders to grow their children’s faith in Sunday Schools through the key areas of teaching, prayer and memory verses. Jigsaw –connecting God’s big picture, contains the complete material for a full year of Sunday school and is especially designed for a parish context. It also contains exciting new features such as the provision of related Family Service talks, a tailor-made programme and advertising brochure and also the connection to faith at home with the provision of memory verses and ‘take home sheet’ templates for families to carry on learning after Sunday school is over.
The curriculum was developed over 3 years of research and writing and is currently being used by 30 parishes in Down and Dromore diocese with the intention that it would grow to provide 6 years worth of material.
Each parish using the curriculum is offered training, one-to-one advice and their own tailored curriculum folder containing:
- A full programme of talks, games, activities, discussions, crafts and memory verses for the year ahead.
- A series of key learning outcomes over 10 units each year with an accompanying memory verse. With each unit covering 3 weeks of learning and a family service.
- Talk outlines for Family Services that can relate to the Sunday School learning
- A tailor made programme leaflet for parents that also acts as an advertising brochure and permission form for the whole year ahead
- Homework sheet templates for parents to allow children to continue their learning at home.
Sunday School leaders using the programme will also be able to get new ideas and resources from the dedicated Facebook and Pinterest pages (search ‘JigsawDDYC’).
If you would like to use Jigsaw for your children’s ministry please contact Julie and she will be happy to come out and meet with you and your leaders.