Inside Out – Outside in: 101+ Ideas for Churches to Engage with Community’ has been specially produced to help get your creative juices running for the Year of Mission 2015 and beyond.
The booklet has been compiled by Andrew Brannigan, Julie Currie and Matthew Hamilton and is crammed with idea outlines grouped into 10 categories. Each idea is also rated in terms of Preparation, Cost, Volunteers and Reach and given an overall score so that you know roughly what you’re taking on.
- Outreach: Ideas aimed primarily for those outside of, or on the margins, of church life
- Community: Ideas with an emphasis on building relationships in the local community
- Welcome: Ideas to help people feel welcomed into and belong to the local church
- Fellowship: Ideas to promote fellowship and relationship both within and beyond parish life
- Children and Youth: Ideas for reaching out to children and young people in the local community
- Families: Ideas for promoting family involvement in church and for supporting local families
- Senior Citizens: Ideas specifically aimed at ministry to elderly in the local community
- Schools: Ideas to help bless local schools and to encourage a stronger church–school partnership
- Poverty: Ideas to help support those in situations of poverty
- Communication: Ideas to help the church communicate better with the community
Please share this resource and use it to help your parish increase its effectiveness in mission.