Vacancy for the position of:
Children’s Ministry Development Officer
(Part-time; 1 year contract)
The Sunday School Society for Ireland wishes to provide an exciting opportunity for someone with energy, enthusiasm and a heart for seeing God at work in children’s lives. The post-holder will manage and develop this vital area of ministry to some of the youngest members of the Church of Ireland.
Specifications of Role:
- To promote and be enthusiastic about engaging children from a young age to about 12 years of age with the Christian message in a fun, enjoyable and meaningful way.
- To encourage and liaise with clergy, the Children’s Ministry Network and other children’s ministry leaders in the Church of Ireland in the promotion and development of children’s ministry.
- To advise those involved in children’s ministry in the Church about relevant supports and resources.
- To undertake any administration in relation to the work of the Sunday School Society and the Children’s Ministry Network.
- To organise training for club leaders and other children’s ministry workers on providing Sunday School classes.
- To foster a culture within Church of Ireland parishes of prioritising ministry with children.
Details of Employment:
Hours of Work: Average minimum 8 hours per week. This may involve some evening and weekend work.
Remuneration The remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
(Expenses legitimately incurred in the course of business will also be reimbursed).
Duration: Post will be offered on a 1 year fixed term contract basis (a probationary period will apply).
The successful candidate will be required to complete Garda Vetting prior to taking up appointment.
Or by post to:
Sunday School Society Vacancy
The Board of Education RI
Church of Ireland House
The closing date for applications is Friday 16 August 2013.