You've probably already had some news about our Guinness World Record attempt on 10th April, but I thought it would be worthwhile bringing you up to date with some details of the 'final countdown' to the event!
There is just under 3 weeks to the Easter Tuesday event at Stormont and it would be really great if you could come along and help to mobilize other people from your area to take 30 minutes to walk their way into the Record Books - and make a big statement about Christian compassion!
Our partners in Tearfund, Fields of Life, Stand by Me the G.B., Exodus and others would be thrilled if you could join in and help to draw attention to the needs of others and the response from Christians to reach out in practical love and support.
You may even want to use the opportunity as a fund raiser... to make the event a 'sponored walk' and generate some resources for your own preferred projects. (Here is a link to a 'generic' sponsorship form if you wish to do so).
TIMELINE____ ______ ________ _______ THIS WEEK / END
* Announcements in Churches / youth groups...encouraging the general sign up online by next Monday/Tuesday. This is just to get a rough idea of numbers build up - so that we can prepare for the parking and logistics.
* Please also suggest that the young people and others bring the word back to their schools and work places to share the idea there and invite EVERYONE along for the occasion - a really good opportunity to inter-generational activity and connecting with others on the fringe / outside church circles.
* Promo video (starring Ulster Rugby favourites)will go live on the event Facebook page...
* Press launch at Stormont with photo shoot for MLAs etc..
* TOMS shoes announce 'incentive' prizes for participation
* Final push into local schools before they finish on 31st March
* C.U.s at QUB / Stran and Jordanstown - emails to students
* Leaflet drop to Dundonald House staff
* Email to all participant with further details about FREE CAR PARKING and practical considerations for walking barefoot.
* Groups may wish to pre-book sessions at Dundonald Ice Bowl, Mini Gold or Indiana Land in advance ! (for group discounts and to be sure of a place).
* Consider taking some pictures of your group participating in the walk - to use with your local newspapers, etc.
* We celebrate God's sacrificial goodness to us all !
* We walk the walk ... Opportunities such as this are rare enough....so if you have any questions at all - please do give me a call at any stage.
You candownload the leaflet for the event here, find out more about the wider 'Wear it Out campaign here, or email me to get lots more hard copies of the poster/leaflets.
LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU and all you little pinkies THERE.